Monday, October 15, 2007

A Bit About Me

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog. In this blog , I'm going to tell you a bit about me. I have been in the fitness industry for quite sometime now and still find things about it that are surprising. I created the website called The Fitness Road to keep people like myself informed on solid principles and ideas in the industry. As we all know, there are a lot of fitness sites and so called gurus out there giving out a lot of information and a lot of b.s. It is pretty hard to decipher between the two at times. The Fitness Road started as a site to help decipher the crapola from the stuff that works. We are certainly not the only site to do this. In fact, I rather like the idea of standing with truthful sites and professionals who cut through the garbage and bring you the facts.

When I thought about making a blog about me, I found that much of what I pursue and have accomplished is highly influenced by the philosophy behind The Fitness Road. I really like looking into complications of strength and conditioning. There is A TON of information out there. I take this information and simplify into its basic components. For the most part, every experiment, training philosophy and guide will follow basic principles in fitness. Hell, life is pretty much the same way. Basic principles bind us all whether we like it or not. One major principle I use as a filter of all other information is SAID principle (Specific Adaptation to Imposed Demand). The principle simply means people (and animals) adapt specifically to their daily life and changes. In my eyes, life throws some serious obstacles at you. To overcome the obstacle it usually takes a change in simple patterns in life. Whether that is waking up earlier, eating more or less, being more patient, or whatever. It is a change that must happen to overcome the obstacle and "adapt" to the new environment (stimulus).

Obviously, I like to go off on rants from time to time. To keep from ranting anymore, I'm going to wrap this up with a little overview of me:

I'm a active guy who is either up and training or "rehabing" old injuries. I am a huge ancient history buff, there is some crazy stuff that went on in those periods (pretty close to crazy stuff that happens now). My goal right now is to bring my clean and snatch lift over 225lb. and to bring my deadlift back up to 450lb. From my experience in the fitness industry, I am wise enough to seek out "functional" methods of training. Train hard but be smart. I only hope when I turn 50 I am not the guy who says "If only I knew then what I know now...".

Thanks for tuning in, see you in the next blog

No comments: