Thursday, March 5, 2015

Day 4 Week 3 Garage Style Training

You will see these dates jumping around a bit as I find time to get in a decent workout.


 Knocked out Super 8 this morning

 Daily activity today was pushups.



 Watching some netflix with my wife asked her if she had any advice for what I should do for

training. She asked me what have I done so far this week. I replied A LOT of conditioning work

especially for lower joints. She quickly replied I should do "power cleans"....... interesting. It's

been a little while but this is a good idea. So today is hang clean to clean and jerk with long

rest breaks allwoing me to do some conditioning work.

Welllllll....seems reality had other plans for me. After going through an extensive warm up, I thought I was ready for the final part of warming up. This for me is taking on a weight that is about 50% of what I will actually train with. I used 95lbs. The first rep was a bit sloppy and I noticed a few tense areas around left elbow, left scapula, and thoracic vertebrae. The second rep was cleaner but the tension still there. On the third rep tension became more of a flare up that if continued would be an injury.

 So, I stopped there and will lick my wounds and take this into consideration for my next session. Verdict for now is I'm not ready for plyometrics and Olympic lifts.

No comments: