Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Planning by Necessity


 Quick update... I was getting tired of posting in the blog just for the sake of my workout. In this post I was in the midst of looking for a decent forum to post my progress:
 http://tyferrell.blogspot.com/2013/06/seeking-refuge-for-my-training-journal.html

 Well, it seems I have found one. There were others that were just as good but I chose Men's Health forum. You can see my journal here:
 Journal

 I also began doing daily drills in Super 8 format. Well, I am in the re-assessment phase of my training. After, a week of very conscientious training and movement assessments. I thought I found just about all the issues I need to fix up.  I think my re-assessment this week really opened my eyes to dysfunctions that I did not notice even with a very analytical training method. I have found more underlying issues with my movement patterns.It's funny how we can get used to a tension or mildly painful sensation as "the new norm".

  So, the Super 8 has worked well and ROM has improved. I don't think there is anything too special about the Super 8. Any person will get a measurable amount of progress by simply being more active (in a smart way) and vigilant about addressing his needs. I'll be able to tell if Super 8 is really something spectacular after a month or two of doing it. Then comparing it to another method. However, I'm not going through all that. After re-assessment I have been able to get a clearer idea of any issues with movement patterns. As a result, I am able to get more specific with the corrective exercise choices. Super 8 has become a Super 12 to 13 exercises. This is a bit overwhelming for me to do all at once. So, I have divided the exercises into groups of 6-7. I will handle groups of exercises on alternating days. I already predict some exercises will be in multiple groups for more optimal use. My problems range from mild and questionable to real dysfunctions.

 Looking at goals through necessity I have to fix up the problems and rid my primal movement patterns of dysfunctions. Also maintaining and increasing strength endurance is the most logical choice for training focus. For fun I will continue to practice Capoiera and adapt it to my body's current abilities.

No comments: