Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Going through APRE system




 In my article on FES I layed out the APRE system created by Mel Siff. I used a similar method when training myself and clients (first months of sessions). You can read it here - http://fitnessenergysystem.com/mel-siff-apre/

 This week I'm going through my own pre testing period. Just getting myself used to the very strict form needed to do the testing and actual training. Also, I'm finding any possible imbalances and muscular/tendon pain.

 I'm playing around with 4 exercises for this. I do this small number because I eventually want to use the same exercises when I go through much heavier training.

 The format is definitely humbling as I go through slow strict form. Already I picked up on two possible troublesome areas around my shoulder and around a wrist. Here's my schedule breakdown

Day 1 and 4
BB Front Squats
Bent over Rows
BB Lunges
Inverted Rows

Day 2 and 5
 BB Sumo Deadlift
 DB Bench Press
 Cable Pulldowns
 BB Close Grip Bench


No comments: