Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Importance of Daily Activity Outside of Training

 For me it is important to at least do SOMETHING everyday. Walking and doing work or house chores ain't gonna' cut it. I make sure I have an exercise or corrective drill I have picked out each day. Sometimes I give it a repetition goal, but most of the times I don't bother with that. I average doing something once an hour. I keep away from anaerobic (or aerobic) thresholds. This means I keep the mini session in a very comfortable zone. For instance, I have a chinup bar placed right outside my office door. I walk pass it and do 1-3 chinups in different hand positions. Overtime of the day the numbers obviously build up. Primarily this habit will work on my exercise specific strength endurance, and overall ability to properly do the exercise. It also comes with the bonus of a slight boost in physical and metabolic needs. Not to mention if I do happen to miss my real training session....at least I did something.

No comments: